- Developer: Sebastian Nußbaum; Based in Berlin, Germany
- Release Date: 28th of February 2021
- Platforms: PC
- Website: goldspacegame.com
- Price: Free
- Availability: Digital Download
- Language: English
- File Size: 65MB
- Press Contact: email@example.com
- Social: Discord, Facebook, YouTube
What is Goldspace?
Explore a dying galaxy in this high-octane, story-driven twin stick shooter. Upgrade your arsenal and gun your way through dynamic, fully destructible environments. Can you find a New Earth?
- Built in Stencyl
- Optimized for keyboard and gamepad
- Fast pace feeling and easy to play
- Expansive, non-linear levels
- Advanced dialogue system with unlockable hidden content
- Light RPG elements for levelling up health and hacking
- Robust shop for purchasing and upgrading equipment
- Fully customizable controls including gamepad support
- 40+ enemies ranging from mutated aliens to defense sentinels
- 20+ levels (including 5+ secret levels)
- Multiple endings with different narrative and gameplay structures
- Expansive space map with optional locations
- Deep lore and backstory
Goldspace is a delicate twin-stick shooter pixel game, packaged in space exploration. Simple controls with highly explorable levels each with its own mechanisms and puzzles. A versatile weapon system and reactive environmental systems like setting liquids on fire, blasting walls or shutting down complete levels invited the player to explore and have fun.
With an 18,000+ word script, Goldspace features multiple endings and optional missions. Bond with your crew, negotiate with rogue opportunists, and discover the dark truth behind your mission.
Take your pick of weapons as you torch, freeze, or blast your own way through 40+ enemy types. Cause reactive destruction by burning fuel, setting off alarms, damaging engines, and more.
Fly your ship where you want to go, whether that means targeting alien outposts, wealthy merchant ships, or derelict wrecks. Upon arrival, explore immense levels with secrets and multiple routes to each goal.
Logo on black:
Logo on transparent:
- A game by Sebastian Nußbaum
- Writer and Narrative Designer: Hershall Cook (@hershallcook)
- Testing and motivation boost: Hershall Cook and Bo Derrick
- Soundtrack by Muchkin (https://soundcloud.com/muchkinmusic) and Sebastian Nußbaum
- Tile art based on space rogue tile from Oryx (http://oryxdesignlab.com)
- Startscreen, logo and spaceships in encounters by Valery Kim (https://twitter.com/849Kim)
- Intro screens and dialogue portraits by Ivan Alifanov (https://twitter.com/vizgoovizg)
- Decision portraits: Midio (http://midio.co)
- Intro Voice Over: Chuck Matthews