I am working as a Head of Studio & Creative Lead for Berlin based Wooga where i started 2009 as a Product Lead having released games like Pearl’s Peril, Agent Alice and Happy Hospital.
Prior to Wooga, i worked as a creative director, designer and project manager starting my career as a level designer for Game Boy Color in 2000. I studied at the Bauhaus University Weimar (Media Art & Design). Please go to the Xing or Linkedin profile of me for a complete overview.
I have a deep passion for producing music (formerly to earn a living; now passion). New albums are realesed every few years with tracks reaching from dub to latin and ska under the alias mabafu depending on my time and life schedule.Download CV
Talks & lectures:
- Transmedia Storytelling Berlin-Netzwerk 2015: Challenges of episodic storytelling
- Quo Vadis 2015 Berlin: Bringing HOG and episodic storytelling to smartphones
- Game Developer Conference 2015 San Francisco, USA: How Wooga Boosts Long-Term Retention
- HFF München/TU München 2014: Games workshop on storytelling
- Casual Connect 2011 Kiev: Secrets to Social Game Success
- 2015: Best ranked talk @ F2P Summit at GDC 2015 SF, USA
- 2015: Tabby Awards 2015, Agent Alice is “Best iPad game” in category “Adventure”
- 2014: Pearl’s Peril nominated at Develop Awards 2014 as Finalist
- 2008: Platin Single (Schnuffel – Kuschel Song)
Supervising tutor & examiner:
- HTW University of Applied Science Berlin
- MD.H Mediadesign
- HFF University of Television and Film Munich
Favourite all time games:
- Advance Wars Series (GBA)
- Arcanum (PC): A great RPG game by Troika Games who’s team developed Fallout 1+2
- Battle Isle (Amiga 500): Classic!
- BF2142 (PC): The first shooter where i enjoyed team work plus titan mode, squads and commander
- Civilization Series(PC)
- Command&Conquer Series(PC): The reason i bought a PC and started playing multiplayer
- Company of Heroes 1+2 (PC): My preferred RTS game
- Crusader no remorse (PC): Cool weapons, riddles and action (with fully destructible environment)
- Deus Ex Series (PC): Amazing freedom of choice with a super deep game world and story
- Dishonored Series (PC): Has a really unique game world and reminded my of the first Deus Ex
- Fallout Series (PC): I love the setting, art work and freedom of choice in these games.
- FTL (iOS)
- Grand Theft Auto Series(PC)
- Halflife Series (PC)
- It came from the desert (Amiga 500): The graphics, setting and game elements are fantastic.
- Jagged Alliance 2 (PC): First time i seriously thought about using a specific ammunition
- Killzone:Liberation (PSP): Best example how to port a first shooter onto a handheld
- Metroid Fusion (GBA) + Turrican (Amgia 500): Fantastic jump n run action
- M.U.D.S (Amiga 500): A very good fantasy sport game. Build up and manage your team. Win the games by points or by killing the opponent
- Oil Imperium (Amiga500): First time i understood global economy
- Pirates! (PSP): Takes all good parts from the Amiga original and mixes it with 100% better usability and fun.
- Red Faction Series(PC)
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (PC)
- Silent Storm Series(PC): An x-com type game with fully destructible environment which overs great tactics
- Space Marhshals Series (iOS): Is a very nice and polished twin stick shooter
- Steamworld Heist (iOS): Very tactical game which combines turnbased movement with skill and a very interesting ricochet mechanic
- Super Cars II (Amiga 500): Epic if played with a friend in front of one computer
- Syndicate (Amiga 500) + Syndicate Wars + Satellite Reign (PC): I love the scenario and the destructible environment
- Wasteland 2: I enjoy this “Super oldschool RPG” although i think that the fighting system would need to be more complex.
- XCOM Series: Tactical game play + destruction + research! I love it!
- tigsource.com is a good source to catch up and communicate with the newest indie games developments.
- kotaku.com & polygon.com are my favourite gaming news sites
- pocket tactics is a very good source for mobile tactic, strategy and adventure games.
- hotud.org home of the underdogs is THE source for game history and download of old games.
- lostgarden.com is a great source for game design and game art from Daniel Cook.
- dzineblog.com is great for inspiration with a lot of examples of design and usability.
- Indie retro news gives daily updates on indie games
- The Company provides single file downloads of classic Amiga games optimized to run on a PC